I don’t profess to be much of an aficionado on beauty, but I thought I’d share with you the make up I wear every day. Firstly, here’s my face:
Being ginger I have a naturally pale complexion, and I also have the misfortune (in my opinion) of having translucent, blonde eyebrows and eyelashes. As such…
1) Lancôme Color Ideal Poudre in 010 Beige Porcelaine – £29 My mum has always used Lancôme make up, so naturally I started using it too, once I started to take an interest. This powder provides nice, even colour all over my face and stops the shine coming through for up to 8 hours, according to their website. I use it with a large, soft brush as opposed to the pad they provide, as I feel it makes it lighter and more natural. It lasts me quite a while, probably around 3-4 months, and I do use it every day!
2) Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Intense Black – £13 I used to have a little problem with my eyeliner ending up smudged all over my face, and in a search for a solution someone mentioned this eyeliner. They said that it’s unaffected by sweat as well as water, so you don’t get the funky line at the top of your eye socket! And the way it purports to stay all day? Yeah, it really does. This stuff is amazing, and £13 isn’t terribly unreasonable. It also lasts a few months, so definitely worth investing in!
3) Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in 261 Noir – £3.99 from Boots As I mentioned above I used to have a problem with my eyeliner, when I had been using a Kohl pencil. I saw someone suggest using a crayon instead, so I tried it, and really like the difference! I use this to fill in the gaps on my top lids, since, as I say, I hate my bright blonde eyelashes, and to lightly line my water line on my bottom lid. This is actually the first time I’m trying the Exaggerate line, having used something else last time, but throwing it out before buying the replacement. Durrrrhh! I love this one though, I think it’s more along the lines of what I need.
4) Lancôme Le Crayon Sourcils in 010 Blond – £16.50 Using an eyebrow pencil is still only a very new thing for me but now that I do, I feel like I look so odd without it! All my life people made jokes about me having no eyebrows and it never bothered me until recent years when I realised how much people actually do pay attention to the hairy slugs resting above your eyes. This pencil comes with a little brush on the other end to neaten up which is really handy. The colour is called blonde, but I feel like it actually matches my ginger hair quite nicely. My one criticism is its really difficult to sharpen, and there’s hard plastic inside which can be really sharp once you get to the stage where you would need to sharpen it.
5) Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara in Noir Hypnotic – free sample, full size £22.50 Like I say, my mum shops at Lancôme all the time and regularly gets little free samples in with some sets. She uses brown mascara, so the free black ones tend to roll my way. I’m feeling a little like I want to get a full-sized one though, as this is quite old now and it’s going dry, so any suggestions are welcome!
All the prices quoted are from the brands’ own websites unless stated otherwise.