Trying to pick a favourite All Time Low album to write about was pretty difficult, but when I really thought about it, I have to say Dirty Work is definitely the one. This was one of the first CDs I had in my first car, and listening to it always gives me such a good feeling. Although my favourite song from the album actually turned out to be an unreleased demo (Actors, but we’ll disregard that for the purpose of this post) I love this album so much. It’s regularly hailed as ‘the least favourite album’ of both the band and the fans, apparently, but I just don’t understand that, as a number of my friends are fans and they all really appreciate Dirty Work. The very first song on this album just fills you with this amazing feeling, and it’s a fantastic driving song. I think I’m gonna listen to this album on my way to work today. Now for my favourite lyrics from each song:
1. Do You Want Me (Dead?) I’m dead set on a getaway.
2. I Feel Like Dancin’ Somebody call the police, I think they’re coming to get me, they said, “you’ve got the right to remain on the dance floor.”
3. Forget About It You know, there are some days where I really feel like this could work. Like you and I are finally gonna get it right. Then there are days like today, where you make me wanna tear my fucking hair out.
4. Guts Finally, I can see, honestly, I’ve got the guts to say anything.
5. Time Bomb It was like a time bomb set into motion, we knew that we were destined to explode.
6. Just The Way I’m Not Opposites distract, we fall between the cracks, forget about each other ’til we get each other back.
7. Under A Paper Moon I’ll build up a house, I’ll build up an army, of cellophane soldiers, cheap origami.
8. Return The Favour Get back to old days and old flames you never let burn out.
9. No Idea I was dreaming we were running from a city burning down, down, down.
10. A Daydream Away You’re just a daydream away, I wouldn’t know what to say if I had you.
11. That Girl Left me on the street in the middle of winter, my frostbite heart says try to forget her. I miss that kiss but I’ll always remember that girl.
12. Heroes Cause it’s a battlefield ’til it blows over, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
13. Get On Your Knees And Tell Me You Love Me [Bonus] Let me count the way I six, seven, eight my words.
14. My Only One [Bonus] Wake me early, I’ve been dreaming, dreaming that I’m only, only, good enough for me and no-one else.
15. Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass [Bonus] Now I hope you’re happy with yourself ’cause I’m not laughing, don’t you think it’s kind of crappy what you did this holiday?