It’s been a rainy day in my part of the world, so opening up my sunny little Provence box has cheered me up – and has even brought the sun out this evening, it seems!
Funnily enough the last time I wrote a My Little Box blog, I had been up since 6am and I was wearing my Fall Out Boy jumper. Now, a month later and… I’ve been up since 6am and I’m wearing my Fall Out Boy jumper. It’s like subliminal messaging! Or something.
This month’s box contained:
– A magnetic doll with some fab magnetic outfits. I’m not too sure if I’ll be using this at all but it’s a cute idea! (£6 from mylittlecorner.com).
– A little poster with a quote from Yvan Audouard on it which read, “In Provence, the sun rises twice a day- once in the morning and once after nap time.” Considering I had a nap this afternoon and woke up and it was sunny, I’m really feeling this one! Even if I am in northwest England rather than Provence…
– A DIY bracelet! This was a seriously cute idea, a metallic cuff which you can embroider yourself with the two lengths of thread included! There’s even a tutorial inside the monthly My Little World magazine, and a QR code which leads to a link for their own pattern ideas. (£15 from mylittlecorner.com)
With the Provence theme, the obvious choice of partnership for little samples can only be L’Occitane en Provence. My Little Box took this and ran with it. There were four different little samples! And this time around the little pouch’s pattern was even a themed one, with ice creams and fans and cameras printed on it.
1) Mer & Mistral Shower Gel, £12 for 175ml. The description page calls this a summer holiday in a bottle and I completely agree! It smells just like one of the little free samples you get in the hotel – but one of the posher hotels who know what actually smells nice. That said, it does smell a little musky which makes it smell a little masculine, but that’s just smelling it from the bottle and not actually using it in the shower – I’m sure that’s a completely different story!
2) Roses et Reines Hand & Nail Cream, £14 for 75ml. I’ve mentioned before that I’m not a massive fan of moisturisers, as I find they tend to sit on my hands and feel quite thick and very greasy. I’m pleased to say that this one is very light! The description says it’s a bunch of flowers in a tube, and it really does smell just like roses! I love the smell of roses so it’s nice to have it in a moisturiser, and who knows – I might actually use this one…
3) Verbena Body Lotion, £20 for 250ml. I’ve heard of Verbena before – as a fan of The Vampire Diaries, I know it as vervain. Maybe I shouldn’t use this just in case it keeps the Salvatore brothers away! Actually, this body lotion says it’s very moisturising and perfect for getting rid of the slightly-scaly winter legs. Also, it smells so good that I think I might be suffering from sensory overload after all three of them.
4) Verbena Leaf Soap, £4.50 for 75g. This little soap bar is something I probably could have done with this morning actually, since it’s meant to be good at waking you up! Since it’s in a little packet, I won’t take it out and smell it, but it says it smells of citrus. As I’ve mentioned, I’m actually citrus intolerant so I might actually hand this one over to my mum to try instead.
5) The Amazing Pencil by My Little Beauty, £9 for 1.5g. A multipurpose pencil this one, it works as both an eyeshadow and an eyeliner. Sadly I don’t use eyeshadow and I don’t wear brown eyeliner, but once again I might give it on to my mum, and see what she has to say about it!