I’ll confess I was never the biggest Taylor Swift fan, I liked the odd song here and there but on the whole I’d never listen to a full album. 1989 has completely changed that, I love every song on this album and I’ve even listened to it in full a number of times.
It starts off strong with Welcome To New York, which is such an upbeat tune and really makes you wish you were in New York. Then you’ve got Shake It Off which is obviously the classic, everybody loved Shake It Off, it’s really difficult not to dance to. Then there’s Bad Blood which Tay-Tay’s just released the amazing music video for, before it all slows down a bit for the end of the album. If you’re like me and you’ve kind of liked a few of Taylor’s songs throughout the years, you’ll probably really enjoy this whole album too. It’s like she’s moved away from country quite drastically and more into pop. I definitely feel like it was a great move for her!
1. Welcome To New York It’s a new soundtrack, I could dance to this beat, beat forevermore. The lights are so bright but they never blind me.
2. Blank Space So it’s gonna be forever, or it’s gonna go down in flames.
3. Style You’ve got that James Dean daydream look in your eye.
4. Out Of The Woods Two paper airplanes flying, flying, flying.
5. All You Had To Do Was Stay But people like me are gone forever when you say goodbye.
6. Shake It Off I never miss a beat, I’m lightning on my feet, and that’s what they don’t see.
7. I Wish You Would Headlights pass the window pane, I think of you.
8. Bad Blood Band-aids don’t fix bullet holes.
9. Wildest Dreams Say you’ll see me again, even if it’s just in your wildest dreams.
10. How You Get The Girl Remind me of how it used to be, pictures in frames of kisses on cheeks.
11. This Love This love is good, this love is bad, this love is alive back from the dead.
12. I Know Places Loose lips sink ships all the damn time, not this time.
13. Clean The water filled my lungs, I screamed so loud, but no-one heard a thing.