I will admit that I first heard of Fun. when We Are Young came out. I had heard of Janelle Monae before this so the fact she’s on it caught my attention. This is finally a song which was new at the time, which I’d heard of before Glee covered it, for once! Some Nights starts out strong with the title track and continues really strongly all the way through. In my opinion there are only two weak songs on the whole album. My favourite songs are probably One Foot, which has a bit of a funky trumpet vibe going on in the background, and the bonus track, Out On The Town. But like I say most of the songs on this album are so good! I haven’t listened to it in a while because I had one of those spells where I wasn’t listening to anything else, so I got a little tired of it admittedly. Now I’m probably going to have another one of those spells, having rediscovered it!
1. Some Nights I still wake up, I still see your ghost.
2. We Are Young My friends are in the bathroom getting higher than the Empire State.
3. Carry On Cause we are, we are shining stars, we are invincible, we are who we are.
4. It Gets Better There’s a fire in the sky.
5. Why Am I The One? So, darling, if you love me, would you let me know?
6. All Alone She must have come from the sun.
7. All Alright I remember the first time we wished upon parallel lines.
8. One Foot What you’re calling a sin, isn’t up to them.
9. Stars Some nights I rule the world, with bar lights and pretty girls.
10. Out On The Town [Bonus] And I know I could be more clever, and I know I could be more strong.