Last year I came up with 3 words to describe each Eurovision act, and I had so much fun doing so, that I thought I would do the same again this year!
Sweden won last year, and the theme is ‘Come Together,’ which I like, except they’ve somehow used this as justification to add Australia to the line up again. Oh well. I’ll let their performance decide for me.
1) Belgium Isn’t this ‘Sax’?!
2) Czech Republic I’m ALREADY bored
3) Netherlands Countrify it, brother!
4) Azerbaijan Strong independent woman
5) Hungary THAT TIBETAN MONK
6) Italy Save the Earth?
7) Israel Israeli Adam Lambert
8) Bulgaria Light up pads!
9) Sweden It has potential
10) Germany Laser beam trees!
11) France Having a dance
12) Poland Moody and gothic
13) Australia Nowhere. Near. Europe.
14) Cyprus A rock band!!!!!
15) Serbia Weird twisty dancing
16) Lithuania Kinda fun maybe?
17) Croatia OMG its Björk!
18) Russia Some amazing props
19) Spain YAY YAY YAY!
20) Latvia Good fashion sense
21) Ukraine Is she okay?
22) Malta FACE, IN STAGE
23) Georgia A Gallagher brother?
24) Austria French? In Austria?
25) UK LIVERPOOL KITS. NO.
26) Armenia Well, it’s finished.
My favourite act of the night had to be Cyprus, and my least favourite was Ukraine, but by the end of the night when it was between Australia and Ukraine to win, I had to support Ukraine. I’m just so opposed to a country nowhere near Europe winning a European song contest. 😦 also, I was disappointed at how serious all the acts were taking the competition. Where were all the hilarious and quirky acts?!