As you may well know by now, I love a good questionnaire tag. So when I got Sally’s tweet saying she had tagged me in the 50 Questions You’ve Never Been Asked tag, I was excited to get answering! So here we go:
01. What’s your favourite candle scent?
I own exactly one candle, a Yankee Candle, Fireside Treats. I am not a candle person, so it’s that one by default!
02. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
This is easy – Anna Kendrick. She’s a little bit of a strange one, and I very much relate to that.
03. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
Not as easy. Ummmm… I’ll say Patrick Stump, because then my brother would be in my favourite band, muahaha.
04. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
I have nooooo idea. I am 25 at the moment and doubt I’ll be meeting anybody worth marrying any time soon.
05. Do you know a hoarder?
*shifty eyes* maybe? I am quite sentimental about throwing things away but I wouldn’t go as far as to call myself a hoarder. I think my mum would disagree.
06. Can you do the splits?
Not anymore, not since I was about 18. #thecheerleaderdays
07. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike?
What if I said I never did? Growing up I did absolutely everything I could to avoid injuring myself, so when I felt like I was wobbling (usually very shortly after setting off) I would stop before I could fall off, which annoyed my parents because how are you going to learn if you keep stopping?! So no, I never learnt. And I don’t really care to learn.
08. How many oceans have you swum in?
Probably most of them, I don’t really know. We went to a lot of different places growing up!
09. How many countries have you been to?
See above – too many to count!
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
I don’t think so, but my family is massive so it’s entirely possible. I know both my Grandpas used to be!
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
There’s a name I always loved but now I know someone with that name and she’s the worst, so maybe not that. I also love the name Isabelle!
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
I know this contradicts the above answer but I don’t actually want children so I never thought about boys’ names.
13. What’s the worst grade you’ve got on a test?
Let’s not go there, thanks. *facepalm*
14. What was your favourite TV show when you were a kid?
I had so many different favourites! Rugrats, Dexter’s Lab, Powerpuff Girls, to name a few.
15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8?
I’m about 70% sure I was a Ballerina. I dressed up as a Ballerina most Halloweens at that age…
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
Yep, all of them – I’ve read all the books and watched all the movies, too.
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
Fun fact, due to the unique nature of attending international schools, I spent a few years talking with a generic American accent. Alas, I’m quite happy with my current accent (Northern England, since there’s no such thing as a ‘British’ accent).
18. Did your mother go to university?
She didn’t, and neither did my dad. My brother and I were the first to go!
19. Are your grandparents still married?
I mean three of them are dead, but they never divorced each other so I guess technically yes?
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
Oh yes. Didn’t last long.
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
Are there people out there who don’t?!
22. What was the first amusement park you went to?
That is a good question, it was either Camelot in England, or Efteling in the Netherlands.
23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in?
I’m great at languages, and I’ve been trying to teach myself more, I’d love to be able to speak Mandarin or Korean.
24. Do you spell the colour grey or gray?
25. Is your father bald?
My father had a full head of hair before he died…
26. Do you know any triplets?
I don’t think so. Plenty of twins, though.
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
They’re both a bit dreary, but I’ve watched Titanic more, so probably The Notebook.
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
29. What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
I don’t really have a favourite restaurant, but there was a really nice place called Putumayo in Langakwi, Malaysia, which did an amazing garlic butter lobster.
30. Have you ever been to Nandos?
Yes! More often than not, I get 5 wings, medium spice, with peri peri chips, garlic bread, and perinaise, a side of olives and a soft drink!
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)?
No… Does Ikea count?
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
This is moot, as my parents knew I was going to be a girl and didn’t come up with a boy name for me. They didn’t ask, they just knew. Weird.
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
Er, I only really have ‘Ginge,’ given to me by Jade, or ‘Stesf,’ technically given to me by a Starbucks barista but perpetuated by Gabbi and Robyn.
34. Who’s your favourite person in the world?
This is a loaded question! Obviously my mum, but if we’re going celebrities, it’s got to be joint top space for these four:
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
The city. 100%, no question about it. I’m not a countryside kind of person.
36. Can you whistle?
I definitely try. It doesn’t necessarily work, but I try!
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
Oh no, I need my room to be as dark as possible when I’m trying to sleep.
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
I don’t, much to the chagrin of so many people – breakfast just makes me feel sick all day long.
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
Well this question is mighty personal! Yes, I do.
40. What medical conditions do you have?
Thankfully not many, my main one is my citrus intolerance.
41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
Once, I nicked a bone in my foot and needed a moon boot. Oops. I’ve been a couple of times for check ups and treatments, but they totally don’t count.
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
Yes! I went to see it on my… somethingth birthday. 11th maybe?
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
Topshop’s Joni jeans are the best inventions in the world. I have at least 5 pairs (in slightly different styles…)
44. What’s the last compliment you got?
That’s a good question, I don’t actually know. Probably someone telling me I’m cute 😀
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
I used to, not so much anymore these days.
46. What flavour tea do you enjoy?
I don’t like hot drinks, but I like Lipton’s Peach Iced Tea!
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
That’s a weird question, who keeps track of exactly how many pairs of shoes they own?
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
Well, I don’t practice any religion myself, and I’m not a fan of forcing beliefs on people, so if I ever have kids, I will let them discover religion (or not) on their own.
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
Pretty young, my brother says he thought I knew but I’m not sure…
50. Why do you have a blog?
Since I started using the internet I’ve had some form of online diary, so it was a natural extension of that.
I had fun filling this in, I hope you had fun having an insight into my life! I won’t tag anyone, but if you want to do it please go ahead!